HomeBuilder provides eligible owner-occupiers (including first home buyers) with a grant of $25,000 to build a new home or substantially renovate an existing home. HomeBuilder will assist the residential construction market by encouraging the commencement of new home builds and renovations this year.
HomeBuilder is a time-limited grant program to help the residential construction market to bounce back from the Coronavirus crisis. HomeBuilder will provide eligible owner-occupiers (including first home buyers) with a grant of $25,000 to build a new home or substantially renovate an existing home where the contract is signed between 4 June 2020 and 31 December 2020. Construction must commence within three months of the contract date.
HomeBuilder will complement existing State and Territory First Home Owner Grant programs, stamp duty concessions and other grant schemes, as well as the Commonwealth’s First Home Loan Deposit Scheme and First Home Super Saver Scheme.
To access HomeBuilder, owner-occupiers must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- You are a natural person (not a company or trust).
- You are aged 18 years or older.
- You are an Australian citizen.
- You meet one of the following two income caps:
- $125,000 per annum for an individual applicant based on your 2018-19 tax return or later; or
- $200,000 per annum for a couple based on both 2018-19 tax returns or later;
- You enter into a building contract between 4 June 2020 and 31 December 2020 to either:
- Build a new home as a principal place of residence, where the property value does not exceed $750,000; or
- Substantially renovate your existing home as a principal place of residence, where the renovation contract is between $150,000 and $750,000, and where the value of your existing property does not exceed $1.5 million;
- Construction must commence within three months of the contract date.
GW Homes can help you with the Home Owners Grant. For more information get in touch with our friendly team on (07) 3393 1399 or email@example.com.