Saving energy at home is a win-win for both the environment and your wallet. There are many ways to achieve this, from simple tweaks to designing an energy-efficient home. Here are 6 tips for reducing energy consumption in your home:
- Energy-Efficient Appliances & LED Lights – Upgrade to energy-efficient appliances and LED lights, which use less energy and have a higher ROI in the long run.
- Insulate Your Home – Insulate walls, floors, and attics to regulate temperature and reduce energy usage from heating/cooling.
- Unplug Electronics – Unplug electronics when not in use to save energy from “phantom” or standby power.
- Use a Programmable Thermostat – Set the thermostat to automatically adjust temperature based on your schedule, saving on heating/cooling energy usage.
- Properly Maintain Air-conditioning System – Regularly maintain air-conditioning system for better efficiency and reduced energy consumption.
- Design Energy-Efficient Home – Consider the location, invest in renewable energy, and install efficient windows/doors when building a new home.
Contact GW Homes for more information on energy-efficient home design.